Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
SCE_Spetsdod

Insurgency: Sandstorm

16 posts in this topic

Get ready for it, bisches!

Announcing Sandstorm: Insurgency

https://newworldinteractive.com/announcing-insurgency-sandstorm/

Today our new publishing partner, Focus Home Interactive, has revealed an exciting new project we are developing – Insurgency: Sandstorm – available for PS4, Xbox One, Windows, OS X, and Linux in 2017.

“Considering our indie background, it was not easy finding a publisher we felt compatible with. We decided to work with Focus because they understand our game and they believe in our vision.”
Jeremy Blum – Founder and Game Director of New World Interactive

The decision to collaborate with a publisher is primarily for their expertise in console distribution and broader marketing reach. New World Interactive retains full ownership of the Insurgency brand and creative direction on the project.

Contact_ExteriorBefore_1080_Reduced.jpgContact_ExteriorAfter_1080_Color.jpg

Source

UE4

Sandstorm is powered by Unreal Engine 4 and will be a major visual and technological upgrade to Insurgency. Although the game is being developed for console, it will stay true to its PC roots by ensuring our dedicated audience has a seamless transition to the new game. Sandstorm retains what makes Insurgency unique and challenging, bringing this experience to a new console audience.

In addition to console support, Insurgency: Sandstorm will contain some exciting new features such as a new story mode and eSports framework. The game is being built from the ground up with competitive multiplayer, console split-screen, and singleplayer in mind. The story mode will focus on a squad of characters as they face increasingly challenging chapters, from the invasion of Iraq in 2003 through the insurrection period and leading to the present day.

Contact_InteriorBefore_1080.jpgContact_InteriorAfter_1080.jpg

Source

UE4

New World Interactive is currently developing a new eSports framework that it plans on deploying into Insurgency: Sandstorm upon release. In the meantime, New World Interactive intends to release a fully functional beta of these competitive systems into the current Source Engine version of Insurgency. The systems will be stress-tested and improved upon with the help of the community leading up until the launch of Insurgency: Sandstorm.

“The industry is going wild about the potential of eSports and we recognize the potential Insurgency has from the very root of its gameplay. Taking the time to build our competitive systems, while receiving data and feedback from the community will allow us to iterate towards quality and ensure we have a solid framework for the new console launch. We look forward to delivering to our passionate competitive fanbase the experience they’ve long been waiting for.” – Andrew Spearin – Creative Director of Insurgency.

There is no official release date planned for the competitive beta rollout, but the team is hard at work and intends to test as soon as possible. In the meantime, we will taking community questions about our plans with the current Insurgency and Sandstorm on our weekly live stream, this Saturday February 27 at 3pm EST on our official Insurgency Twitch.tv channel.

Be sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube for updates in the coming months.

Man, we are lost as a clan.  Dead and gone.

The woman who whimpers sadly like an underperforming, out of tune, wanna-be supercar has more views and replies than a story about an upcoming AAA quality game than many of us played competitively.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

To be fair I regretted clicking on the "Cries like a sports car" thread.  That was lame.

Unfortunately a lot of the games coming out in the past few years really should have fallen into the "wait and see" category, if not the "run like hell" catagory.  I hate getting told I should pick up a game just to find it's shit or everyone that talked it up has already moved on to something else.

Heh, I understand that sentiment completely.  Mostly I was exhibiting some fake outrage.

I think it's cool they are modernizing the game and I hope it brings in more players, because honestly the new Insurgency game is really quite good.  The two biggest complaint I have with the game is that many of the maps are very badly balanced, and the fact that pubbers generally have no fucking clue how to work as a team or play the objectives.

17 hours ago, SCE_Spetsdod said:

Heh, I understand that sentiment completely.  Mostly I was exhibiting some fake outrage.

I think it's cool they are modernizing the game and I hope it brings in more players, because honestly the new Insurgency game is really quite good.  The two biggest complaint I have with the game is that many of the maps are very badly balanced, and the fact that pubbers generally have no fucking clue how to work as a team or play the objectives.

In all fairness to the first generation of the game, there were only 4-5 servers that required you played correctly. The others were knife only, no shotty, assault only, and worse models that often turned into mosh-pit spawn camps.

We had a good thing going and we built a good base that were avid followers. It could happen again, but the only way this kind of game turns out the way you mention is when it is run by a community that dedicates resources and time to it. We had 4 admins running the Insurgency server and a team that never lost a single match except when that D3 clan wall hacked. That is correct- we never lost.

60camelholeexplainedp

I totally forgot this was a thing, I will jump on it though and give it a try Spets since insurgency players get a discount. 

Edited by SCE_Anikira

So is there anyone with an interest in this?  I have already pre-ordered, even though it usually bites me in the ass, and am waiting on the Betas that start next weekend the 9-13th.

I bought it, and I'm just waiting for it to release so I can load it.  I hope we can get at least a few people to play as a group.  Insurgency is a great game that really requires teamwork to get good at.  I miss that about not playing with my SCE friends.  Pubbers suck ass.

On 8/7/2018 at 6:09 PM, SCE_Spetsdod said:

I bought it, and I'm just waiting for it to release so I can load it.  I hope we can get at least a few people to play as a group.  Insurgency is a great game that really requires teamwork to get good at.  I miss that about not playing with my SCE friends.  Pubbers suck ass.

On 8/9/2018 at 8:54 AM, SCE_Anikira said:

I'm downloading it right now, it's around 15gb I am hoping it be about done when I get home today.

Which one of you fucks has the roster? We need to activate our sleeper agents and get the team back together.

@SCE_The Fuzz

@SCE_RabidDog